We know we need to attract jobs to Billingham but well paid skilled jobs for our people. We need to maintain weekly bin collections and clean streets; we need to protect our elderly and support children in need; we need to fight for the best possible hospital and community health facilities; and we need to maintain our parks, open spaces and leisure facilities.
We have suffered huge cuts from central government – around 1000 council employees have lost their jobs – but Labour is determined to fight for the resources we need to maintain services and build our area up.
Only Labour councillors will deliver the services you want and work in partnership with you and your community. We will listen to you and deliver what you want and need. Please vote Labour on 7th May.
Ann McCoy and Barry Woodhouse
As your councillors
- We believe that local residents want to be kept informed about things in their local area and we’ll continue to publish and deliver our regular newsletter to make sure they are.
- We will be visible in the area and hold regular surgeries in different areas to help residents and discuss local issues.
- We will work with local residents’ groups, attend them regularly, take up the issues raised and report back on our findings.
- We will consult with the people affected by any new developments in their area and make sure their views are properly represented.
- We will be your voices on Stockton Borough Council, speaking up for you, ensuring our area and people get the services they need and that they’re good value for money.
Barry a former teacher working with excluded children has represented Billingham in many areas fighting to secure services for you. On Stockton Council, as a School Governor for more than 35 years, founder member of Billingham Regeneration Partnership Board and Sure Start Management Board he has always put our town at the forefront of his priorities. Barry is currently Chair of Audit Committee, former Mayor and has held several senior positions at Committee and Cabinet level and has represented the Borough at Regional and National level. Recently with your help we have seen much of his hard work coming to fruition but hopes for the opportunity to further progress developments in Billingham.
Ann McCoy has served the people of her local area for more than 20 years as a Borough and Town Councillor. A former Mayor, she has lived in Billingham for the majority of her life, and is the Cabinet Member for Children and Young People.
Please include as many details as possible and include your postal address and a telephone number so we can reply to you easily.