We know we need to attract jobs to Billingham but well paid skilled jobs for our people. We need to maintain weekly bin collections and clean streets; we need to protect our elderly and support children in need; we need to fight for the best possible hospital and community health facilities; and we need to maintain our parks, open spaces and leisure facilities.
We have suffered huge cuts from central government – around 1000 council employees have lost their jobs – but Labour is determined to fight for the resources we need to maintain services and build our area up.
We have been pleased to work for much change in Billingham over the last four years, being directly involved in projects as diverse as the regeneration of the town centre including our new library and customer service centre and the fabulous new facilities in John Whitehead Park to the demolition of Billingham House and the provision of more parking spaces.
Our partnership with residents has paid off with small but important improvements in the area including dropped kerbs, better traffic calming and environmental works. Across the Council we’ve worked on health and education, adult services and care, safer communities and leisure – all the time trying to get the best possible value for money. We hope you will give us the opportunity to continue our work for you by voting Labour on the 7th of May.
Mick Stoker & Evaline Cunningham
As your councillors
- We believe that local residents want to be kept informed about things in their local area and we’ll continue to publish and deliver our regular newsletter to make sure they are.
- We will be visible in the area and hold regular surgeries in different areas to help residents and discuss local issues.
- We will work with local residents’ groups, attend them regularly, take up the issues raised and report back on our findings.
- We will consult with the people affected by any new developments in their area and make sure their views are properly represented.
- We will be your voices on Stockton Borough Council, speaking up for you, ensuring our area and people get the services they need and that they’re good value for money.
Please include as many details as possible and include your postal address and a telephone number so we can reply to you easily.