We know we need to attract jobs to Billingham but well paid skilled jobs for our people. We need to maintain weekly bin collections and clean streets; we need to protect our elderly and support children in need; we need to fight for the best possible hospital and community health facilities; and we need to maintain our parks, open spaces and leisure facilities.
We have suffered huge cuts from central government – around 1000 council employees have lost their jobs – but Labour is determined to fight for the resources we need to maintain services and build our area up.
Only Labour councillors will deliver the services you want and work in partnership with you and your community. We will listen to you and deliver what you want and need. Please vote Labour on 7th May.
Jean O’Donnell and Mike Smith
As your councillors
- We believe that local residents want to be kept informed about things in their local area and we’ll continue to publish and deliver our regular newsletter to make sure they are.
- We will be visible in the area and hold regular surgeries in different areas to help residents and discuss local issues.
- We will work with local residents’ groups, attend them regularly, take up the issues raised and report back on our findings.
- We will consult with the people affected by any new developments in their area and make sure their views are properly represented.
- We will be your voices on Stockton Borough Council, speaking up for you, ensuring our area and people get the services they need and that they’re good value for money.
Mike Smith has been proud to represent his home town for the last 9 years and has supported countless people in the ward. He is married to Denise and has 2 children and 2 granddaughters.
Mike is proud that Stockton council has become one of the best in the country and is delivering excellent services to residents, but there are still challenges.
Jean has lived in the ward for over fifty years and has enjoyed the privilege of representing the people of Billingham South. Her main interest is the welfare and wellbeing of all local residents.
Please include as many details as possible and include your postal address and a telephone number so we can reply to you easily.