Our Labour-led council has delivered many improvements across our towns and villages in recent years including our wonderful Billingham Town Centre, library and service centre – but we know there is much more to be done.
We know we need to attract jobs to Billingham but well paid skilled jobs for our people. We need to maintain weekly bin collections and clean streets; we need to protect our elderly and support children in need; we need to fight for the best possible hospital and community health facilities; and we need to maintain our parks, open spaces and leisure facilities.
We have suffered huge cuts from central government – around 1000 council employees have lost their jobs – but Labour is determined to fight for the resources we need to maintain services and build our area up.
Only Labour councillors will deliver the services you want and work in partnership with you and your community. We will listen to you and deliver what you want and need. Please vote Labour on 7th May.
As your councillors
- We believe that local residents want to be kept informed about things in their local area and we’ll publish and deliver our regular newsletter to make sure they are.
- We will be visible in the area and hold regular surgeries in different areas to help residents and discuss local issues.
- We will work with local residents’ groups, attend them regularly, take up the issues raised and report back on our findings.
- We will consult with the people affected by any new developments in their area and make sure their views are properly represented.
- We will be your voices on Stockton Borough Council, speaking up for you, ensuring our area and people get the services they need and that they’re good value for money.
I have been a member of the Labour Party for 14 years now and have made myself available to make a contribution to the community in the Stockton area. I have always contacted my councillor if any damage was done in the area that needed to be repaired and also past on information from concerned residents to the councillors so they could take immediate action to resolve any problems.
I have knocked on people’s doors for the Labour Party and asked them about there concerns and then I gave them the right telephone numbers of the appropriate departments of the council.
I am committed to provide the best service possible to local people who need local government and make a contribution to their lives instead of having to do without these basic services.
I am of the opinion that their should be a strong connection between local government and the people, make it easy to contact the relevant departments and people who work within them and then getting things done.
In time of economic cut backs it will be very important to make budgets stretch as far as possible and save what can be saved by working hard to get central government grants for local projects. This is very difficult but with hard work a lot can be achieved.
Please include as many details as possible and include your postal address and a telephone number so we can reply to you easily.