We know we need to attract jobs to Stockton but well paid skilled jobs for our people. We need to maintain weekly bin collections and clean streets; we need to protect our elderly and support children in need; we need to fight for the best possible hospital and community health facilities; and we need to maintain our parks, open spaces and leisure facilities.
We have suffered huge cuts from central government – around 1000 council employees have lost their jobs – but Labour is determined to fight for the resources we need to maintain services and build our area up.
Only Labour councillors will deliver the services you want and work in partnership with you and your community. We will listen to you and Thank you.
David and Norma Wilburn
As your councillors
- We believe that local residents want to be kept informed about things in their local area and we’ll continue to publish and deliver our regular newsletter to make sure they are.
- We will be visible in the area and hold regular surgeries in different areas to help residents and discuss local issues.
- We will work with local residents’ groups, attend them regularly, take up the issues raised and report back on our findings.
- We will consult with the people affected by any new developments in their area and make sure their views are properly represented.
- We will be your voices on Stockton Borough Council, speaking up for you, ensuring our area and people get the services they need and that they’re good value for money.
Norma has lived in the ward since 1978 and is proud to have been selected to stand for Norton West again. Before being elected in 2011 Norma made promises about listening and acting on the concerns of residents; holding surgeries, being accessible, keeping people informed and working hard on behalf of the local community. All those promises and more have been kept and Norma asks that you do her the honour of re-electing her so she can continue serving the ward, representing and supporting residents, local organisations, schools and businesses with the same high level of dedication and hard work.
David has lived with his family in Norton West for almost 40 years. He worked as an engineer in the steel and chemical industries for many years before moving into local government as a senior manager. David feels very honoured to have served as a Councillor for the Ward and has committed to serving local people as a school governor, on a range of Committees, and in responding quickly to the views and needs of local people. If re-elected David promises to getting the best for the people of Norton West in the increasingly difficult times facing the Council.
Please include as many details as possible and include your postal address and a telephone number so we can reply to you easily.