We know we need to attract jobs to Stockton but well paid skilled jobs for our people. We need to maintain weekly bin collections and clean streets; we need to protect our elderly and support children in need; we need to fight for the best possible hospital and community health facilities; and we need to maintain our parks, open spaces and leisure facilities.
We have suffered huge cuts from central government – around 1000 council employees have lost their jobs – but Labour is determined to fight for the resources we need to maintain services and build our area up.
Only Labour councillors will deliver the services you want and work in partnership with you and your community. We will listen to you and deliver what you want and need. Please vote Labour on 7th May.
Carol & Michael Clarke
As your councillors
- We believe that local residents want to be kept informed about things in their local area and we’ll continue to publish and deliver our regular newsletter to make sure they are.
- We will be visible in the area and hold regular surgeries in different areas to help residents and discuss local issues.
- We will work with local residents’ groups, attend them regularly, take up the issues raised and report back on our findings.
- We will consult with the people affected by any new developments in their area and make sure their views are properly represented.
- We will be your voices on Stockton Borough Council, speaking up for you, ensuring our area and people get the services they need and that they’re good value for money.
I am 56 and a public relations consultant. I’m a member of our local residents’ association and a volunteer with a charity helping homeless young people. I’ve lived in Grangefield for 30 years and want it to be a place where people can put down roots and enjoy a clean, safe environment and access to good quality services and facilities. I also want it to be part of a more prosperous Stockton borough.
I’ve worked with homeless people, victims of domestic violence and as a teaching assistant. I’m a school governor and have been involved in voluntary and community work for 40 years.
I will ensure the council works efficiently and provides value for money services that improve residents’ quality of life. I will always be around to listen as this is our community – we want the best for it.
Please include as many details as possible and include your postal address and a telephone number so we can reply to you easily.