Ann and Barry working hard for you in Billingham Central
We are delighted to have been selected as you Labour Candidates for Billingham Central ward. We have had the privilege of serving our community for many years, and want to continue being your advocates in the Town Hall and beyond.
These are difficult days for our community. Due to Tory cuts, we are seeing our Council forced to make cuts to its services; and our region unfairly hit by austerity.
That’s why we need a strong Labour Council dedicated to maintaining the best possible services and putting forward a positive vision and agenda for the entire Stockton-on-Tees Borough; that puts the wellbeing of our children and older people first; and defends you against Tory cuts.
Ann and Barry currently represent Billingham Central Ward and have fought hard for our town over the years. Between us we have helped hundreds of local people in the area. We would like to thank you for your past support. It has been a privilege to serve you as your councillors, and we hope you will vote for us on May 2nd so that we can continue to not only represent your interests on the council but continue to campaign for improved services and facilities in Billingham.
Please vote for us on 2nd May—thank you.
Ann McCoy and Barry Woodhouse
- Many road and path repairs and more to come;
- Recent Increased security and facilities in John Whitehead Park and “safe schools areas;
- Joint police schemes to stop illegal motor cyclists invading our streets around Billingham;
- Secured grants for British Legion, Scout Groups and other charity organisations;
- Increased access for the disabled through dropped kerbs ;
- Litter reduction and dog fouling actions;
- Worked with Thirteen over the cladding issues at Kennedy Gardens
- We believe that local residents want to be kept informed about things in Billingham so we will continue to and deliver newsletters and our popular Facebook page.
- We will be visible in the area by our regular Ward Walkabouts, hold regular Ward Surgeries and respond promptly to issues you raise with us by email or phone
- We will attend and work with Resident Groups, take up issues raised and report back our actions
- We will consult with people affected by any new developments in their area and make sure their views are properly represented; for example planning applications and environment.
- We will strive for improvements to Billingham shopping areas.
- Continue to be strong advocates for Billingham Central and its residents.
Barry is well known to many of you having continuously served as a Billingham Councillor since 1987, a governor on Oakdene Primary since 1985 and a founder Member of Billingham Regeneration Partnership.
He is married, lived in Billingham all his life and raised his family here. He has represented many individuals and groups speaking on their behalf and is known for being outspoken when fighting for the improvement of services for Billingham. Grateful for the support of Billingham residents over the years bringing issues to his attention he pledges to continue lobbying for future investment in our town.
Ann has served the people of Billingham for more than 30 years as both a Borough and Town Councillor. A former Mayor, she has lived in Billingham for the majority of her life.
Ann is Chair of one of the Billingham Primary Schools and as Cabinet Member for Children and Young People she is passionate about continuing the rise of the attainment in our schools and the protection of our children and young people. Ann is committed to the work she does with the Mental Health Trust, CAB and as Vice Chair of the Health and Wellbeing Board, improving the lives of the people of the Borough. Ann is proud to have again been selected to ask for your vote to continue her work to make the community a better and safer place to live.