Jean and Mike working hard for you in Billingham South
We are delighted to have been selected once again as your Labour Candidates for Billingham South in May’s Council elections. We have had the privilege of serving Billingham South for some time—Jean since 1995, and Mike since 2003, and want to continue being your advocated in the Town Hall.
These are difficult days for our community. Due to Tory cuts, we are seeing our Council forced to make cuts to its services; and our region unfairly hit by austerity.
That’s why we need a strong Labour Council dedicated to maintaining the best possible services and putting forward a positive vision and agenda for the entire Stockton-on-Tees Borough; that puts the wellbeing of our children and older people first; and defends you against Tory cuts.
We would like to say a grateful thank you for past support, and hope that with your vote on May 2nd we can continue to represent your interests on the Council.
Please vote for us on 2nd May—thank you.
Jean O’Donnell and Mike Smith
- Helped arrange a ten year lease of premises for an NHS Dental Practice;
- Secured a tree planting scheme on Central Avenue;
- Improved the footpath and layout at Mill Lane and Belasis Avenue;
- Secured dropped kerbs at St.Cuthbert’s Lych Gate;
- Secured improved road safety measures and signage;
- Secured resurfacing of the Station Road car park;
- Working on parking at beadle Avenue
- We will be visible and accessible to local people, hold regular surgeries and keep residents up-to-date with our work with our regular newsletter;
- We will consult with local residents about any new development in the area, and ensure their views are properly represented;
- We will deal with casework promptly and fairly
- Continue to be strong advocates for Billingham South and its residents
Jean as lived in the ward for over fifty years, Jean is a retired legal secretary and has served Billingham South since 1991. She has held a number of senior positions in the Council and was elected mayor in 2002. A member of Cleveland Fire Authority she was its Chairman for two years and she is, at present, Chairman of the Tees Port Health Authority.
Jean is a Billingham Town Councillor and Vice Chairman of our local SSAFA, fund raising for the benefit of our armed forces personnel and their families. She would like to thank you for your support
Mike is married with 2 children and 2 grandchildren and has lived in Billingham all his life. He is employed locally in the biotech industry and has represented Billingham South ward on Stockton borough council with Jean since 2003 and has been honoured to do so.
He has served on several select committees over the years and for the last 8 been cabinet member for Regeneration, environment and transport. In these roles mike has been involved with restoration of Newport bridge, the renewal of the street lighting around the borough and the regeneration of Billingham town centre and the new library.