Katie and Paul working hard for you in Billingham West
We are delighted to have been selected as your Labour candidates for Billingham West ward. As residents of Billingham West, we are determined to get the best deal for our community, Billingham and Stockton-on-Tees as a whole.
These are difficult days for our community. Due to Tory cuts, we are seeing our Council forced to make cuts to its services; and our region unfairly hit by austerity.
That’s why we need a strong Labour Council dedicated to maintaining the best possible services and putting forward a positive vision and agenda for the entire Stockton-on-Tees Borough; that puts the wellbeing of our children and older people first; and defends you against Tory cuts.
Please vote for us on 2nd May—thank you.
Paul Jenkins and Katie Weston
Labour’s Achievements in Billingham
- Supporting an application for funding to see Billingham Station made wheelchair and accessible-friendly;
- Supporting the Town Centre to thrive—with Aldi opening a shop there in 2016;
- Urban park project at John Whitehead Park ;
- Working with the Police and Crime Commissioner, the Council and local groups to tackle ASB in Billingham;
- Secured funding for improvements to local play areas in Billingham.
- To be available to local people with a dedicated phone line and regular surgeries for one-to-one meetings;
- Continue to keep residents informed of our work through delivery of our regular newsletter, Doorstep;
- Work with local people and Residents’ Groups to work on the issues that matter to you;
- Press for more police and enforcement activity in the area to tackle and deter anti-social behaviour;
- Use our community budget on issues that’s matter to local people—and make sure your voices are heard on how it should be spent;
- To be strong advocates for Billingham West and its residents
Paul is married to Lisa, a nurse and works within the NHS as a UNISON Organiser. Both were born and bred locally, and they have lived in Wolviston Court for five years. They have 2 sons and a grandson.
Paul is passionate about protecting our public services and hopes that he can use his work and life experience to make sure Billingham West remains a great place to live; work and raise a family.
Paul hopes to represent the views and aspirations of all of Billingham West.
Katie is a University graduate and a trainee A Level Government and Politics teacher. She has lived in Billingham all of her life and has been a Billingham
West ward resident since Primary School.
Katie has been a Labour Party member from the age of 16 and has been speaking to residents across Stockton-On-Tees about their concerns since then.
Since being selected in August, Katie and Paul Jenkins have been running regular street surgeries in Billingham West, making sure to fully understand the issues and concerns their fellow residents have.