John Cunningham working hard for you in Northern Parishes
It is a special privilege to be asked to stand as your Labour candidate for Northern Parishes Ward in May’s Stockton Borough Council Elections.
These are difficult days for our community as we’ve seen central government cuts impact on everything from social care for the young and elderly to the cash available to support local public transport.
Austerity has hit the Council’s budgets hard and thousands of jobs have been lost. We however remain committed to the vital services everyone needs such as weekly refuse collections to supporting the most needy in our community.
That’s why I have decided to stand for election – to work on an agenda to maintain the best possible services and putting forward a positive agenda for our Borough that puts the wellbeing of our children and older people first and delivers on what our community needs.
I do hope that you will vote for me on 2nd May. Thank you.
For too long the people of Northern Parishes have been virtually voiceless with limited if any support from their local councillor. Local people need someone who is present at the Council and playing a full role in committees.
If I am elected – I will put that right and will:
- Endeavour to attend all Council meetings;
- Represent you at Council Committees including licencing and planning meetings;
- Visit local community meetings and inform on relevant issues;
- Work in partnership with local Parish Councils listening to and acting on their views;
- Hold regular surgeries in the ward to listen to local people and issues;
- Work with the Police and other agencies
- Fight to make the area a clean and safer place to live
- Keep you informed about planning applications affecting your neighbourhood and speak on them on your behalf
- Fight to get improved public transport provision
- Work to support everyone in the community to combat loneliness
- I will campaign with local communities, Openreach and others to improve broadband speeds in the area
John is a law graduate and has been a caseworker in the local MP’s office for the last eight years and has been a web developer since 2002. He is also currently studying for his Masters in Law.
He has lived in the Stockton Borough all his life and is passionate about creating a better future for all the people living in the area.
John has a long held ambition to serve the public and spends both his professional and own time doing so. He is a member of Stockton Town Pastors providing first aid and other support in the streets of the town at night. He also works with other voluntary organisations including food banks.
As a caseworker in the MP’s office he is responsible for dealing with a wide range of issues from individual benefit claims and housing issues to working with refugees and dealing with planning applications like those affecting villages like Thorpe Thewles.
Now John is ready to serve the people of Northern Parishes as their councillor deploying his professional and voluntary skills to their best advantage.