Shakeel and Chris working hard for you in Hartburn
We are delighted to have been selected as your Labour candidates for Hartburn Ward in May’s Council elections, and we hope that you will support us.
These are difficult days for our community. Due to Tory cuts, we are seeing our Council forced to make cuts to its services; and our region unfairly hit by austerity. Despite this your Labour Council has protected weekly bin collections, protected libraries, and set out a positive vision for Hartburn and our entire borough.
That’s why we need a strong Labour Council dedicated to maintaining the best possible services and putting forward a positive vision and agenda for the entire Stockton-on-Tees Borough; that puts the well-being of our children and older people first; and defends you against Tory cuts.
Please vote for us on 2nd May—thank you.
Chris Coombes and Shakeel Hussain
- We believe that local residents want to be kept informed about things in their local area and we’ll publish and deliver our regular newsletter to make sure they are.
- We will be visible in the area and hold regular surgeries in different areas to help residents and discuss local issues.
- We will work with local residents’ groups, attend them
regularly, take up the issues raised and report back on our findings.
- We will consult with the people affected by any new developments in their area and make sure their views are properly represented.
- We will be your voices on Stockton Borough Council, speaking up for you, ensuring our area and people get the services they need and that they’re good value for money.
- Be strong advocates for Hartburn and its residents.
Chris has lived in Hartburn for the last fifty years. He is a dad of two adult children and granddad of four. He is now retired.
He was a head teacher and he worked as a tutor for NPQH (National Professional Qualification for Headship) for several years. He was elected as councillor for Parkfield in 1998 and served in that role for about ten years. He was also a member of the former Cleveland Police Authority.
If Chris is elected as a councillor for Hartburn ward he wants to become involved with transport issues and concerns relating to children and young people.