Derrick and Cath working hard for you in Stainby Hill
We are delighted to have been selected as Labour Candidates for Stainsby Hill the local elections on May 2nd. This will be a very important election that will greatly affect the level of services available in Thornaby.
These are difficult days for our community. Due to Tory cuts, we are seeing our Council forced to make cuts to its services; and our region unfairly hit by austerity.
That’s why we need a strong Labour Council dedicated to maintaining the best possible services and putting forward a positive vision and agenda for the entire Stockton-on-Tees Borough; that puts the wellbeing of our children and older people first; and defends you against Tory cuts.
There has been much change to be particularly proud of in the town over the last few years, not least with our busy town centre and our excellent trading estate. Derrick has represented Stainsby Hill ward since 2011 and is joined by Cath. Both are working hard to communicate with residents for the last three years and together are determined to fight all the way to improve people’s lives and represent and deal with the problems that matter to people in Stainsby Hill ward.
Please vote for us on 2nd May—thank you.
Derrick Brown and Cath Milburn
- Consistently tackling the dumping of rubbish on the streets and in our woodlands.
- Bringing the shopkeepers together in the town centre, with our MP, to tackle anti-social behaviour.
- Derrick has been working hard on the scrutiny board of Tees Valley Combined Authority to ensure that business and services are brought to the area bringing jobs and development.
- Fighting Stainsby Hill’s corner on the Eastern Community Partnership, ensuring we are getting or fair share of funding and services.
- Delivering hundreds of individual letters in support of people moving onto universal benefits and holding an advice clinic with CAB to help with that and saving on heating.
- Getting extra car parking facilities across the ward and campaigning on speeding traffic.
- We will be available around the clock for residents to contact
- We will hold regular surgeries around the ward
- Stainsby Hill, Thornaby and its people, will always be our first priorities.
- Jobs, income, education and combating anti-social behavior will be our priorities.
- Continue to be strong advocates for Stainsby Hill and its residents
Derrick has lived in Thornaby for over 50 years and has been a Councillor in Stainsby Hill Ward for 10 years. He is married to Linda and is a proud, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
Derrick spent his working life in the Building Trade as a Painter and Decorator and was a member of his Union UCATT. As Chairman of a number of committees, including Planning, Licensing and Scrutiny, Derrick works tirelessly for the people of Thornaby.
Derrick values the support he has from residents and if elected again he will carry out his responsibilities to the best of his ability.
Cath has a genuine understanding of the issues that affect the residents of Thornaby as she and her family have lived in the town all of their lives.
Living in Stainsby Hill Ward Cath has a good knowledge of a number of issues that face the patch, for example antisocial behaviour, fly-tipping and problems with social landlords.
As an individual Cath is hardworking and committed and she feels that having worked in a GP Practice in the NHS for over 40 years has enabled her to stand strong for the issues facing the community and people that she cares about.